Please feel free to contact me: mog_hesed@hotmail.com

Monday, May 19, 2008

Historical/Apostolic Revival Succession

I don't know if you've been to Ignited Church's Ustream.tv website, where there are regular clips of the services.

Here's a video to check out, where Todd talks about the history of the revival, and the angel. This is from the beginning of the revival, so you can catch a glimpse of the root of this.

Todd Bentley is claiming, or trying to establish a historical/angelic/apostolic connection to "real" revival.

He claims the same angel as William Branham. You should research William Branham.

Notice the same methodology, and similar claims.

Anyhow, the grasping for legitimacy isn't the problem I have with what was said, even if what you learn about Branham, 1948, etc is disturbing.

Even when the lady from Kentucky wasn't trained to fall out "under the spirit" as of yet, and didn't drop when Todd called down the "fire," that's normal. I'm sure she's cured of the challenges to courtesy drops by now.

Anyhow, don't get me started, check the video out for yourself and read my all thumbs transcript.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/355021 At 5:00 is where the real "stuff" begins.

"I told the Lord why can't I just move in healing and forget talking about all that other stuff?"
"Because, Todd, you have to get the people to believe in the angel."
"I said, God, why do I want people to believe in the angel? "
"Isn't it about getting people to believe in Jesus?"
"He said, the people already believe in Jesus, but the church doesn't believe in the supernatural."

Funny,.that doesn't sound like the God of the Bible. He's not stupid. He knows the people in the church don't believe in Jesus.

Do you actually believe the people in the church believe in Jesus? If so, where's the fruit in my/your/their lives?

Sorry, I had to go there. :o|

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/355021

No comments: